Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy
Green Grotto Caves & Attractions located in Discovery Bay, St. Ann, operation is a guided
walking tour through a sensitive ecosystem within two caves for forty-five minutes. We
recognize that our attraction has an important role to play in educating visitors about our
environment. Our actions are therefore committed to practicing environmental and social
sustainability in all areas of our operations. Specifically, these actions are:
- To ensure that any development to the attraction does not create any deleterious impact on the ecosystem.
- To comply with all environmental laws and regulations.
- To minimize our use of energy, water, chemical agents and raw materials.
- To minimize the generation of solid waste and other pollutants, through the implementation of a refuse, reduction, reuse, repurpose and recycling programme.
- To ensure preference is given to purchasing local products and services where available while practicing fair trade procedures.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to carry out our environmental objectives, specifically our biodiversity monitoring programme.
- To educate our guests and staff on the sensitive eco-system found within and around our caves, with emphasis on the biodiversity, and where possible, invite them to participate in monitoring activities.
- To give special consideration to the employment of persons living in nearby communities who meet job specifications, qualifications and selection process.
- To openly and proudly communicate our sustainability policy and environmental practices to our employees, guests and all stakeholders.
- To monitor and record our environmental performance and benchmarking data relative to our policies, objectives and targets.
- To maintain a continuous commitment to Improve environmental practices.
- To monitor and evaluate the impact the operations may have on climate change and to implement measures to lessen the impact.
- To ensure that activities, products and equipment at our attraction are environmentally friendly hence lessening the increase in greenhouse gas emissions to play our part in impacting climate change.